Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Made It

 My three year old LOVES princesses! (And pink!) I saw these Disney silhouettes ages ago on Pinterest and decided to make them for her. 

As I'm writing, I wish that I could take a better picture of them, but my little girl is asleep and I don't want to risk waking her up to get a closer shot. 

First I found Disney Princess coloring pages through a Google image search. I printed them and taped them to a piece of pink scrapbook paper. Pressing hard, I traced around the perimeter of each picture. Once I was finished tracing each picture, I removed the coloring page to reveal indentations of the princess picture.  I used tiny scissors like these to cut on those indentations. Using a gluestick, I adhered the pink silhouette to pearlized white scrapbook paper. Finally I framed the pictures in white picture frames from Michaels.

Isabella loves these pictures! If Olivia is anything like her older sister, I better start making a set for her bedroom!

Link up with 4th Grade Frolics for this week's Monday Made It! 


3 comments:

  1. Sarah that is absolutely adorable!! I don't have any children yet...but ask my husband he will tell you how much I want a little girl. I will definitely be borrowing your idea!
    Tess
    The Teacher and the Frog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is precious! I'll have to do that for my princess lover! Oh and I'm now following you too...your blog is adorable!
    Shibahn
    Mrs. Landry's Land of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been some very careful cutting. They look great.

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete