Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Five for Friday

Once again, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday Linky Party. It is the last Five for Friday Linky party until August, but I think I will keep the Friday Linky spirit alive with The First Grade Parade Five Pins Friday Linky.

First, my five things:

1. Lime Cupcakes



I made these cupcakes for my mother-in-law's birthday in May. She requested that I make them again for her sister's 4th of July cookout. The Swiss Buttercream frosting is a lot of work, but it is worth it because they are delicious! I made them using my Babycakes cupcake maker  for bite sized treats.

2. Playing at the park with my girls


With two little ones, my day starts very early. This week baby Olivia has been up at 5 am.   Needless to say, we are ready to go bright and early. We went to the park at 8:00 this morning. It was nice because we had it to ourselves and it wasn't unbearably hot and humid yet.  It was fun watching Isabella discover the tunnels and tiny hiding places in the park I grew up visiting.  

3. Coconut macaroons

Isabella and I made coconut macaroons for the 4th. My aunt mentioned making them with her grandsons, and ever since I have had a craving for them. Find the recipe here.

4. Crazy hair day


I have several wigs and every once in a while I bring them out. Isabella and I had fun trying on a long brunette wig and long strawberry blonde wig today during Olivia's nap. I don't wear them too often, but it is fun to see others' reactions when I wear the dark wig. It is the same style as my real hair, just REALLY dark. I look forward to Crazy Hair Day during spirit week at school to wear a wig!

5. "Ask Santa"

We visit the princess aisle at Target almost weekly.  Isabella has started compiling her Christmas list as well as a list for Olivia.  Of course she wants Santa to bring Olivia this princess toy- she wants Olivia to share it with her! 



Now for my favorite Pins from the week!

 I was so excited to see this on Food Babe because I was just talking with a fellow runner about nutrition and replenishing electrolytes.  I am excited to make these!  I just picked up a bag of chia seeds today! 
 Isabella loves the Nightmare Before Christmas. We were talking about Halloween and how we need to do Jack, Sally, and Zero decorations. I found this Zero on Pinterest and we already picked up the white fabric to make it!  Now if only we could find a giant orange pom-pom...

 We were recently at a  birthday party with these really cute pom poms. I want to make these for my little girls' rooms and for my classroom. The directions look pretty simple!

 When I opened Pinterest for this Linky post, I saw these pepperjack cups with creamy pesto swirl. I want to try these next time I need to make an appetizer!
I want to introduce my class to these different cheers next year.



2 comments:

  1. I love these "cheer"ideas! - thx for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the LIebster Award! Go to my blog for more information. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete