Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Groundhog Day and Counting



In honor of Groundhog Day, we read Substitute Groundhog by Pat Miller and Groundhog Day! by Gail Gibbons.

 




Substitute Groundhog

After reading, we made groundhogs. The students voted if they thought the groundhog would see his shadow or not.  I saw this idea on Pinterest last year, but cannot find the original link. If this was your idea, let me know so I can give you credit!


 I guess we will have to wait until February 2 to see if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow or not, but I hope he doesn't go with my class's prediction-- after the extreme cold and snowy mixture we have experienced during the last week, I am ready for spring!

This week I started a Counting Challenge. Our report cards require me to test the students on counting to 100 for the third quarter, so I started the challenge. We count to 100 multiple times every day. The class was very excited to count for me and our instructional aide.  I am so impressed that almost everyone has taken the challenge and most everyone has succeeded!  Once they count to 100, they get a star for the door. The students are very proud and like to show off their stars.

I took this picture yesterday. We added many more stars today!

No comments:

Post a Comment