Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Essential Oils in the Classroom

I was introduced to Doterra essential oils last fall when a friend made me a roller bottle blend of oils. I noticed a positive change in mood, attitude, and  well-being at home.
My daughters use an oil blend to calm down from a preschool-age meltdown. We use a confidence blend to calm our fears when we have to do something new or different. In addition to using oils for moods, we use oil blends to help relieve discomfort from headaches and allergies.  As a Doterra consultant, it is important for me to stay compliant. Oils can't prevent, cure, or treat diseases, but combined with a healthy lifestyle, they can soothe tense feelings, lift moods, and support healthy body functions. 

Our little roller bottles had such a positive effect on my family! I ordered diffusers for our bedrooms to use oils aromatically. 
Greenair Spa Vapor+, Oil Diffuser Advanced Wellnss Instant Healthful Mist Therapy
I ordered my diffusers from Amazon.

Shortly after starting using oils aromatically in the home, I ordered another diffuser for my classroom. I started using a protective oil blend called OnGuard in my room during the months of running noses, absences, and the flu going around.  Maybe it was a strange coincidence, but I never missed a day of school last year from being sick!  Students commented on how good the room smelled- a blend of cinnamon, orange, and clove. 





Although the protective oil blend smelled good and promoted immunity, I felt that I wanted to experiment with oils to create an atmosphere of focus, motivation, and calming. Last year's class had the largest number of students with alternate behavior plans due to hyperactivity and inattention that I have ever had.


I started diffusing a mix of wild orange, cedarwood, and a Doterra balance blend. Within a week, I noticed a decrease of talking out of turn, increased focus during independent practice, and an overall happier mood.  Some mornings I would forget to start the diffuser. Those mornings were usually a little noisier and less focused. Wow!  I am not claiming that the diffuser with the oils was a cure-all for misbehavior and inattention, but I definitely noticed a positive change in my class. I plan on using my diffuser again in the classroom when school starts!



I recently came across this article on the Doterra blog. A student did her own study on the effects of essential oils in the classroom. It's a good read!





6 comments:

  1. Model Paper
    Previous Papers Download
    Subject wise 10th Board Model Paper
    Please check the Concerned Board Official Site to find the 10th Board Exam Sample Papers. To find Subject-Wise All Board 10th Model Question Paper PDF Links.
    Every Subject 12th Board Exam Question Paper PDF Links are updated in this section.

    Kar II PUC Model Paper 2021, (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ 2nd PUC ಮಾದರಿ ಕಾಗದ 2021). Kar II PUC Sample Paper 2021, Jain College 2nd PUC Model Question Paper 2021, Jain College 1st – 2nd PUC Important Question Paper 2021
    Karnataka 1st PUC Question Paper 2021
    Kar 2nd PUC Model Paper 2021
    MQP's- Ist & IInd PUC PCMB Subjects
    www.pue.kar.nic.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Diffuser Made in USA

    ReplyDelete