Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Monday Made It- 7/15/13 and a Freebie!

I love this behavior chart I read about on Kindergarten Smiles back in April. I had a stoplight last year and didn't want to change anything mid-year, but knew that I wanted to use the clip system for behavior management in my classroom in the future. I finally laminated the cardstock and assembled my new behavior chart.

I punched holes in the cardstock before laminating and used a small knife to poke a small hole through the lamination film to thread ribbon through each card.   If you're wondering why I made two charts, it is because my class maxes out at 28 kids.  As of kindergarten round up, I was very close to that number! There is no way I could fit 28 clothespins to the green starting section. The boys will use the chart with the blue ribbon and the girls get the pink one.  I like Caitlin's idea of giving crystals for moving past purple. I found some small crystals with sticker backs at Michael's that I will be using when the children get to "Outstanding." 

At the end of the day, I will have students color a calendar the color that their clip is on.  I will end the calendar home on Friday for parents to sign and return.  Click here for free calendar pages for the 2013-14 school year. 

I'm excited to see how this new behavior management system works in my classroom. I really like the idea of moving up past green and being rewarded for good choices! 

Visit 4th Grade Frolics for more inspiration at the Monday Made It Linky party. 


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea and the parent/student calendar is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my project for this week! Great job! I teach K too, but I can not imagine having 28 little ones! AAAKKK!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete