Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party

I am addicted to Linky Parties!  Is this my 4th Linky Party of the night?! Hop on over to Flying into First Grade to be a part of the Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party.





For this linky, I get to write about three subjects, choosing them in Tic-Tac-Toe fashion.

Share about your first year of teaching  My first year of teaching was short exciting. I worked for 15 days before going on maternity leave. I came back to work after Christmas vacation.  Luckily, one of my friends from college was my sub and she was with my class from the first day of school!  She volunteered her time for 15 days to spend time in the classroom and learn my procedures and let the students get to know her.  She did a great job and was in constant communication with me. It was really interesting to come back after Christmas to see how much the students grew academically!  The year FLEW by once I got back. Fortunately, our baby is a good baby and our three year old is a good girl, so I was able to balance work and home life.

My Favorite School Memory as a Kid I was a kid who LOVED school. When I wasn't in school, I was playing school with my two younger sisters in the basement.  It is hard to think of a single, favorite school memory.  In fourth grade we had pen pals with fourth graders at another school in the district. My teacher and her daughter's teacher paired up the students to be pen pals. We wrote back and forth to our pen pal, practicing writing friendly letters. We got to meet our pen pals at the end of the year. My pen pal, Casha, and I have been friends ever since!  She's currently in grad school, so I only see her a few times a year, but making a lifelong best friend through a school assignment is definitely a favorite school memory!

                                                        Lauren, Me, Kelly, and Casha




Books I'm Reading I love to read. The year I got a Kindle, I read more than 50 books!  I haven't read much lately, with work and having two small children. Summer vacation has given me the chance to read more. I just read The Black Box by Michael Connelly. 
I am a little ashamed to say that currently I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I always jump on the book bandwagon late.  I got into Harry Potter right before the last movie came out. I got into Twilight after the movie had already come out.  I read Hunger Games just because my husband and I were going to watch it at the theater. At least this time I'm reading a book before it has been made into a movie!



2 comments:

  1. That is so neat that you are still friends with your pen pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your school memory and making a lifelong friend is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete