Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Five for Friday- 8/9

I love the Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday Linky Party. Hop on over there to see what other bloggers are thinking about!


1. My niece Amelia
 I love my little niece Amelia! She is only two weeks old and sooooo tiny! (Especially when you see her next to my two girls!) I love that she is wearing a pearl bracelet!

Here is Isabella proudly holding her little cousin.  Olivia is very interested in her, but we have to keep a close eye on her because she pokes and prods Amelia!  My grandma, Mimi, is visiting for three weeks from New York. It is wonderful to spend time with her.

2. My classroom (is getting there)
I'm very excited about adding color to my classroom with these fun tissue paper poms. While I should have been organizing and setting things up, I was busy fluffing these decorations. (So excuse my mess in the foreground of the picture. And the background....) I am starting to stress about my room. But it's too hard to get any work done with a three year old "helper" and newly walking (but very fast) 11 month old! 

3. Fritz and the Beautiful Horses

Isabella is horse crazy!   (More of that below.) We read Jan Brett's Fritz and the Beautiful Horses every night in bed.  I love her illustrations!  Isabella recognizes that Jan Brett wrote and illustrated Fritz as well as Annie and the Wild Animals. I am impressed with her observations! 

4. Horse Crazy
 Isabella has fallen in love with horses ever since the fair. She is going to take riding lessons from a friend once school starts! My family has horses, but she seems to be a little intimidated by them. She wasn't afraid of this little guy at the fair, though!  

5. Olivia

 
 Olivia is so much fun! She is keeping me busy by walking laps around the house and getting into everything! She loves to eat and make a mess with food. (My Chihuahua Carlos spends a lot of time under her highchair waiting for scraps!) I love her smile and her little laugh. It is going to be VERY difficult leaving my girls to go back to school. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! I am hanging poms this year also, as soon as I get around to fluffing them... ha. Don't forget, you'll be featured on my blog tomorrow!
    :) Dana
    Common to the Core

    ReplyDelete