Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

September Linky Parties

I'm a little late for Farley's Currently September. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by!
 The heart at the bottom is for three things to make me a better person. 1. My baby is turning one next Saturday!  It is amazing to reflect and see how much she has learned and how she has changed so drastically in just one year! We are not having a big birthday bash for her, but I want to have a nice party for her. Just her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousin are invited.  We have plenty of years ahead of us for big birthday parties, so keeping it simple is fine with me!  So far, it's a pink Princess Sofia party. (Big sister Isabella is the party planner!)   2. I am trying to make a promise to myself to work less at home during the week. John complains that I am always on my computer.  I miss having shows we watch together, so I need to set aside work for at least one evening a week to spend time with just him.  3. I run the Chicago Marathon next month!! This month, I am running my longest training run of 26 miles. I am so excited and proud that I've made it this far! :)

Now for my Five for Friday post:
1. I blogged about pencil grips and handwriting earlier this week. I worked a lot with my class this past week on holding the pencil the right way and writing with finger spaces between the words.

2.  I love all things pumpkin!  I came across this recipe for apple cobbler cupcakes and pumpkin pie frosting on Pinterest. I think I'm going to have to bake these cupcakes soon! 
 

 
3. My girls loved picking apples at Mimi and Papa's house yesterday.  We picked an entire reusable shopping bag full, and I took home about half of them. We have so many apples now!
 Olivia picking apples.
Look at this huge honey crisp I picked!
Isabella loved the fact that she could reach the apples on her own!
 
4. I heard Pete Harry (aka Harry Kindergarten) present at a conference this summer. He uses a digital calendar. I'm trying that this year. Everything for our calendar corner is on the computer except for the straws to show place value and the hundreds chart. The kids LOVE it. We sings lots of Harry Kindergarten songs and everyone is so enthusiastic!  
 
 5. Isabella starts riding lessons next week. We went to a local saddle shop yesterday to get her some boots and a helmet.  She is so excited about riding. I am happy that she found something to be passionate about!
 
 
I'm giving away my Chevron 2014 Life Planner in a Giveaway hosted by Kinder Doodles.  Be sure to enter visit Kinder Doodles to enter! :)
 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first CURRENTLY! We are new to TPT and have a new blog too! http://2scoopsofkindergarten.blogspot.com
    I love your blog and am now a follower. Come visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via the Currently! :)

    Oh, I'm so glad to see a fellow pumpkin-flavored lover! I was reorganizing some of my recipe pins a few weeks ago and sincerely debated making a pumpkin board (also a s'mores one...)

    Your little one is absolutely precious!

    Cindy
    Teach With All the Colors of the Wind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep us posted on the digital calendar. Hope you have a great year.

    Mrs. Tricia’s Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay those apple cupcakes seriously look so delicious. I love anything apple right about now! Yay for being your newest follower, drop by. =)


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete