Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hallway Bulletin Board

Oh boy, it's been a while since I've blogged. My focus has been on my classroom and my girls at home.  And, I'm not going to lie, I'm soooo tired! Gone are the days I would struggle to fall asleep at night and now I'm falling asleep on the couch at 8:30!

I have a great class. Eight days into the new school year, and I can just tell that it is going to be a good year. :) The first week (three days- it was a short week) was spent working hard on procedures. This past week I began doing literacy stations and building stamina.  My goal is to incorporate more of the Daily 5 into my literacy block this year. I hope to begin blogging about my literacy stations each week as the students get further with building stamina. 
 

Here is a picture of the bulletin board outside of my classroom.  One procedure I have my class practice is walking in the hallway without touching the walls and bulletin boards.  The restrooms are to the left and my room is to the right of this board.  Last year I had to reattach things almost daily to this bulletin board.  I felt so bad about students' ruined work from kids leaning on it.  So far, I am VERY proud of my class. They are doing a great job with walking in the hallway.  Some of the pictures and cupcakes have fallen down, but not when my kids are in the hall!  This year I used ribbon instead of border on this board. While I've restapled it a few times so far, it is still in one piece! And, the cute green and white paisley pattern is perfect- our school colors are green and white! 

I stapled ribbon to the board and attached the cupcakes with the kids' names with wooden clothespins. The pictures are stapled on. Read about the frame they are holding here.

No comments:

Post a Comment