Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Lucky Stations




I just completed my St. Patrick's Day Lucky Stations that are now available (and on sale!) on TPT!  I am really looking forward to my literacy stations for the week of St. Patrick's Day!







There are four literacy stations and one math station:
 Students will read cards and unscramble the words to make a sentence that describes a picture card. There is a record sheet for the kiddos to do the same.
 My class has been struggling with ABC order.  They are often very concerned if I "forgot" a letter. I have explained that there are 26 letters in the alphabet and they only have 5 cards in their hand, so they will not have lots of letters. As with anything, practice makes perfect!  My kinders will work on putting the grading quarter's sight words in alphabetical order using a pocket chart. There is a worksheet that has them write five words in alphabetical order.
 My class LOVES telling me all the ways they can get a given sum, so I think they will enjoy this "Sum" Lucky Rainbow center. They will select a rainbow with a number in the cloud. They must choose two coins with the sum that is on the rainbow. A record sheet shows the ways they got the given sum.
 Last week, my class worked on Mrs. Phillips of Kinder Doodle's Word Sorts. I noticed that some students still struggled with determining if words are real or nonsense, so I created another word sort center for them.
We have been working hard on vowel sounds.  The students will sort picture cards based on the short vowel sound in their names. The students will record their work on an activity sheet.

I like having an activity sheet for each station to hold my class accountable for their work during our literacy block. I have a class of 26, so it is sometimes difficult to visit every student during each of the three literacy station rotations. We have adopted a system of earning stars for literacy station packets.  The goal is to always earn a 3 star packet for thoroughly completing the literacy work! 

Please head over to my TPT store to get your copy of this St. Patrick's Day Lucky Stations while it is on sale! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment