Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

3D Shapes

 I can't believe that tomorrow will be Friday! (And I'm pretty excited about that!) Between being hit with the flu last week and having it move through my house, and the snow day and delay this week, I feel like I'm just trying to catch up!  This week has flown by and I feel that there are not enough hours in the day to get anything done, blogging included! 

My class has been working a lot with 3D shapes. Last month our calendar featured 3D shapes. Each day we decided if the object was a sphere, cylinder, cube, or cone. 

We talked A LOT (like every day) about the names of the shapes, the number of faces, edges, and vertices. The third quarter report card assesses knowing the name of the 3D shapes, while the fourth quarter report card assesses the number of faces and edges.  I used these see through 3D shapes each day when we talked about the geometric shapes.

The kids love this video on YouTube.



 
We sing it almost every day. And it really helped reinforce the 3D Shapes! I have begun testing for the third quarter report card and almost everyone correctly identified the 3D shapes! :)

 








No comments:

Post a Comment